This recipe is really easy to make, but following the steps is really important so that the batter mixes right!
Makes: 2 Loaves
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, and grease two 8 x 4 loaf baking pans.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon together, and sift.
3. In a separate bowl, mix eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and white sugar together until it is a smooth mixture. Slowly add the sifted dry ingredients to the smooth creamy mixture and beat until thoroughly mixed.
4. Stir in grated zucchini and chocolate chips.
5. Pour batter evenly into greased pans. Bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the loaf.
6. Cool loaf in pan for 10-15 minutes. Remove, and cool completely on cooling rack. Enjoy!!
Make any alterations for a different-tasting loaf? Let us know!