This coating works for any kind of meat or fish. It gives a great crunchy texture, which ends up being a perfect compliment to your main course!
Makes: Approx ½ cup (Perfect for 6 pieces)
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ cup Panko (or breadcrumbs)
- BBQ seasoning to taste
- Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- (add ½ tsp poultry seasoning for chicken)
1. Mix mayonnaise, dijon mustard, lemon zest, and pepper together in a small bowl.
2. Chill for 1 hour.
3. Using brush, coat all sides of meat/fish with mix.
4. Once nice and sticky, dip into Panko/breadcrumbs.
5. Sprinkle BBQ/Poultry seasoning onto battered product.