This is a perfect snack for anyone on a low-calorie diet, or an easy snack to whip up for a little one. My husband takes one to work every morning and loves it! The strawberries make it a great option for Valentine’s Day too!
Makes: 1 container
Ingredients (for a quick snack):
- 1/3 cup of yogurt
- 1/4 cup of quick oats
- 1/4 cup of fruit (whatever you have available)
Ingredients by Weight (for those watching their waistline)
- 100 g of fat free yogurt
- 30 g of quick oats
- 70 g of fruit
1. Place yogurt into pre-washed container.
2. Sprinkle oats evenly on top of yogurt, creating a second layer.
3. Place fruit on top of oat layer evenly, creating a third layer.
4. Store in fridge and consume within 3 days. I used some Valentine’s Day stockers from the Dollar store to decorate the top of the container, and used a Sharpie to write the number of calories on the top so hubby knew exactly what he was eating.
Strawberries are easily replaced with any fruit you have available – we have used blueberries and blackberries too, and sometimes a combination of the three. Just note that different berries have different calorie counts, so your final calorie amount might differ, depending on your fruit choice.
My spouse and I stumbled over here by a different page and thought
I should check things out. love this recipe. I like what I see so now i’m following you.
Look forward to going over your web page again.