New to our line up is Piece of Pi, an one size fits all bamboo pocket cloth diaper. This package includes one insert of your choice, selected in the drop down menu.
Our bamboo pocket diapers feature:
- Back pocket entry for stuffing inserts (can comfortably fit up to 10 layers)
- Soft interior layer of bamboo for direct contact with skin.
- Outside layer is waterproof (for smooth, solids, AND fuzzy!)
- Waist, hip/legs, and front rise snaps to account for all different shapes and sizes
- Reliably protects babies 6 – 37 lbs – right through until potty training
- Shells can be used as swim diapers and trainers when it comes time to start potty training.
- Each diaper comes with an insert of your choice. Both the bamboo and the hemp bamboo options are safe to place directly against your baby’s skin, so you can use the pocket as a hybrid, and just switch out inserts until baby starts to roll.
Some of the benefits of using a bamboo diaper versus a cotton or polyester diaper include:
- Soft bamboo interior, which is gentler for babies who are more prone to skin sensitivities – excellent for babies struggling with Eczema.
- Bamboo is more absorbent than microfibre, so having that increased absorbent insert helps reduce the chance of leak.
- You will find bamboo is a little more stretchy than polyester fabrics, so you can get a snugger fit with bamboo diapers for those babies who are tall and lean, with smaller bums and leaner legs.
- Thickness wise, bamboo and hemp are thinner than microfibre, so the thickness of a 5-layer hemp bamboo insert is the same as a 4-layer bamboo insert or 3-layer microfibre. Double-stuffing 2 5-Layer Hemp Bamboo inserts gives you 10 layers, vs the 8-layers from bamboo fibre, or 6 layers of microfibre.
- NOTE: Hemp inserts tend to shrink in the washing process; while adding bamboo to the hemp does help hold more of their oblong rectangular shape, it does not eliminate the shrinking of the hemp, which caused the insert to puff up. While these inserts are more effective than bamboo alone, they will look a little bit warped after using them a few times in the wash.